Sunday, March 14, 2010

A Little Taste

Since I've been spending the last week or so salvagin what's left of my music collection (the process is akin to an acid bath with front row seats to a never-ending Justin Bieber concert), I don't have any album critiques to bestow. What I DO have are some song suggestions to tide you over until I'm back in top form. Enjoy:

Felix da Housecat "Ready 2 Wear"- Great arrangement and sound, a chill 80's-esque electronica piece. It's barely danceable, though, because of it's tempo, which will limit the appeal of the song, in my opinion.

Delta Mirror "He was Worse than the Needle He Gave You"- This is a pretty song, but it's also a real downer because of how relatable it is. I mean, haven't we all cried out for help at some point, under the pretense of being fine? At the start, the cutting drone of his voice is nicely offset by minimal piano and drums, which helps to soften the blow that your life is really meaningless. It picks up midway with additional synth beats, but you're already depressed so it doesn't matter. (did I mention to not take anything I say seriously? :P)

Caribou "Odessa"- This song is creepy, in a good way (if such a thing can be). It's well-crafted, what with all the elements that went into the musical arrangement, and what do you know, another creepy voice. The video is equally as disturbing.

Expect livelier, more Erin-esque posts after I get back from SXSW. God knows I need the vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment