Tuesday, September 22, 2009

My (Rather Ambitious) ACL Schedule

Since it would take a novel of a blog to explain why the following artists are on my schedule, I'm just going to say that I either already love them, or am hoping to after the festival. Reviews will be up of those select few I find worthy of my keystrokes, so stay tuned for that.

Friday: School of Seven Bells, Blitzentrapper, The Walkmen, Phoenix, Thievery Corporation, Andrew Bird, (maybe) the Yeah Yeah Yeahs

Saturday: Deer Tick (yay!!!!), The Raveonettes (also a yay, especially if I can't find a ticket to their Friday ACL after-show), Mute Math, Grizzly Bear (I hear their light shows are amazing), John Vanderslice, Devotchka (for that song that's on Little Miss Sunshine), Ghostland Observatory (their light shows ARE amazing)

Sunday: The Dodos (a great find!), Here We Go Magic (on the fence about this one), White Lies, Arctic Monkeys (just to say that I've seen the Arctic Monkeys), The Dead Weather (just to say that I've seen every single one of Jack White's damn bands. I bet he announces a new project at ACL. Fuck.), Dan Auerbach, (maybe, probably not though) Pearl Jam


Needless to say, my musical plate is full. It's a good thing portion control is a widely praised yet seldom practiced concept, otherwise I'd have to cut back.

No comments:

Post a Comment