Monday, September 7, 2009

The Weekend in Review

And so ends the long weekend, and what a weekend it was! Here's a play-by-play (sort of) chronicling the activities of yours truly.

Friday-Astros vs. Phillies. I got really great seats and $50 in Astros bucks from work. A stuffed monkey, coozie, and one foam finger later, I was sitting by the right foul pole. My only regret is not bringing a glove, since three balls had already dropped in our section by the second inning! The best part of the game was introducing my friend to the wonderful world of baseball! It's my favorite mainstream sport (volleyball is always my number 1 ^_^), full of excitement and suspense, not to mention men in tight pants. Game night followed, where I ate my second and third dinners...I can't refuse the culinary hospitality of my host now can I? Haha I ate waaaay too much and almost fell asleep on the drive home. My new bed was a very welcome sight that night!

Saturday- Beachy McBeacherson. We planned on spending a relaxing day in Galveston, getting our skinned tanned and toes wet. For the first hour or so, it was just that. I was so amazed by how clear the water was! Though of you who've gone to the beach with me know that I DON'T get in the water precisely because I can't see where I'm stepping. I was out there that day in chest deep water, and I could still see everything perfectly! I did almost get bitch-slapped by a sea bass, but that wasn't a big deal. This, however, WAS a big deal: during the two-minute interchange wherein my friend got in the water and I got out, my beach bag mysteriously sprouted legs and walked away. Credit card, keys, ID, camera, iPhone, clothes, etc, all gone! Surprisingly I kept my cool and was able to get mostly everything taken care of within an hour. I really think it was a test, and it showed me how mellow I've become lately, and I love that, even though it was brought about by the worst circumstances. There was a silver lining- I finally got the white iPhone I wanted. :) I didn't let it get me down though, and we went out to a salsa social that night, where I got free lessons, about a dozen amazing dance partners, and a peek at some of the areas best salsa performers!

Sunday- The most jam-packed day of the weekend started off with Inglorious Bastards. I knew there was a reason Tarantino is one of my faves! He didn't disappoint; that movie was awesome on so many levels! The Bear Jew even gave me a few ideas as to what I'd like to do to the person who stole my bag, hehehe . After the movie, I literaaly sped straight over to Melissa's pool party, which subsequently turned into an indoor pool party because of the surpise showers. Oh well, I got to see her awesome new apartment, which offers wicked deals for Shell employees. No deposit and three months' free rent, makes me wish I hadn't just renewed my lease! Next stop was Live It Big, a charity event held by four bars on Washington- Pearl Bar (for my only follower, that's the Texas Ex bar in Houston :) ), The Lot, The Drinkery, and Reign Lounge. It benefits a nonprofit that works on cancer research. The doorman at The Lot kept accusing me of being TABC since I didn't have a current drivers license, but after a lot of convincing, he let me in. I even got $20 bucks out of the deal, because some guy felt bad that I had been robbed- 'here kid, get drunk on me.' Haha, that's my kind of charity! I discovered how great I was at Flip Cup during the ten or so games we all played, and then casually smashed my toe on an uneven sidewalk on my way out. Grace, that's my middle name. Finally, off to Mike's, where I was fed a delicious steak the rooftop deck of his sweet new house. Such a chill time, I didn't want to leave, but I was muy cansada. Playing with the dogs I was co-sitting capped off a great day, but more was to come on Monday...

Monday- Got the locks changed on my apartment, woohoo! And they didn't even charge me to replace the keys and gate clicker, and neither did my gym for the new key card I needed. :) I also went a little crazy at Best Buy, but I got the camera that I really wanted (another part of the Galveston silver lining)! Astros vs. Phillies part 2 ensued, and we had even better seats than before! The pictures from the new camera were great, and my 'Stros won again! Haha, take that Philly! Now it's time to work more on my art, so I can have it all ready for my art party!


Sweet dreams, all!

No comments:

Post a Comment